The origin of the designation "JUJU" is uncertain. The name "JUJU" by some accounts refers to a magical West African drum or charm. One of the foundation animals of the Goodwood herd was Goodwood Juju too although the award was likely not named after her as she did not earn a milk star. (Her daughter, Helvetica, was one of the early does to be a star milker.)
This award was started at the instigation of Sue Rucker (Buttin'Heads Farm). Sue was a long-time Board member and supporter of ANDDA, and her Buttin'Heads herd figures prominently in Nigerian Dwarf pedigrees. When Sue passed away in late 2010, ANDDA voted to add her name to this award in recognition of her contribution to both ANDDA and the breed.
There is NO CHARGE to have your Nigerians listed. There is a small charge if you wish to have a certificate mailed to you. Complete the application and submit your payment via PayPal (even if you don't have a PayPal account)
Does are listed in the highest category for which they qualified. Qualifying amounts for the category are indicated in bold. Within categories, they are listed in descending order, starting with the highest qualifier in milk. Following those who qualified in milk, are those who qualified for the category on butterfat only, again in descending order. In case of a tie in milk as the qualifying amount, the doe with the fewer days in milk will be listed first. In case of a tie in butterfat as the qualifying amount, the doe with the higher milk production will be listed first.
Beginning with the 2009 lactation, heights must be included on the Doe Listing form. Does over height will not be listed.
● Bronze Juju - At least 750 pounds milk or 37.5 pounds butterfat
● Silver Juju - At least 1000 pounds milk or 50 pounds butterfat
● Gold Juju - At least 1250 pounds milk or 67.5 pounds butterfat
● Platinum Juju - Permanent (ADGA) or Master (AGS) Champion plus either 1250 lbs or more of milk OR 67.5 lbs of butterfat.
● Grand Award -- Any doe over the age of 6, milking 900 lbs or more
● Lifetime Award -- 5000 lbs. of milk and 250 lbs of butterfat in any number of lactations (this is a one time award)
● Sire Award - Sire has 3 or more daughters qualifying for any of the awards listed above.
The listing will include:
Age at freshening in Years.Months; DIM=Days in Milk (305 or less); Milk in pounds; BF=Butterfat in pounds; BF%=Butterfat percentage; Pro= Protein in pounds; Pro%=Protein percentage; Lifetime Milk/Fat.
The following are the requirements for nominating an animal for a Sue Rucker JUJU Production Award.
1) Please submit a copy of the DHIR INDIVIDUAL DOE PAGE for the completed lactation of each nominated doe. These are the only lactation records that will be accepted as proof. The owner must clearly indicate from the Doe Page which Lactation numbers they are submitting for the award. The cutoff for lactations will be March 31 of the current year – Example: 2020 awards are for lactations March 31, 2020 - March 31, 2021.
2) Attach proof of measurement (LA, etc.) if available. If an animal has an Over Height coding on ANY Linear Appraisal or Classification, they are not eligible. Over-height does or bucks do not qualify for this award.
3) These awards are open to ADGA or AGS registered Nigerians, that are owned by members of the American Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Association.
4) Complete form and mail with photocopies of records, together with appropriate fees to chairman listed below.
5) DEADLINE: Entries must be submitted via online submission form by MAY 1 of the CURRENT YEAR. JUJU entries received with a submission date after MAY 1 will be discarded.
6) The Production program is open to all ANDDA members. The member must be the current owner of the animal whose records are being submitted. Cost to enter a qualifying doe shall be free to members, and members may at their election request a Certificate of Award for JuJu at a cost of $1.50. The submitted lactation must have been completed in the competition’s calendar year.
BRONZE AWARD 750 to 999 lbs of milk OR 37.5 lbs of butterfat in 305 days or less
SILVER AWARD 1,000 to 1,249 lbs of milk OR 50 lbs of butterfat in 305 days or less
GOLD AWARD At least 1,250 lbs of milk OR 67.5 lbs of butterfat in 305 days or less
PLATINUM AWARD Permanent Champion (ADGA GCH) or Master Champion (AGS MCH)-- producing 1,250 lbs of milk or 67.5 lbs of butterfat in 305 days or less
LIFETIME AWARD 5,000 lbs of milk and 250 lbs of butterfat in any number of lactations (This is a one-time award)
GRAND AWARD Any doe over the age of 6, milking 900 lbs or more
SIRE AWARD Sire has 3 or more daughters qualifying for any of the production awards listed above.